Tuesday 7 July 2015

Project WO - the conclusion!

I blogged here about the start of my project wo - the wedding outfit for my SIL's wedding.  And on Saturday came the culmination of that project.
At the moment the only picture I have of me at the wedding is this one!!  I got my son to take this one.
You may notice the material and indeed dress is different from the original plan!  It is a coco and I love it.
Now I did make lots of bits to go with the outfit which were present at the wedding; a shawl - it was so warm, I took it but didn't need it at all,
a bag - used and was very useful, but does not appear in  any picture,

a fascinator - made, but because I straightened my hair for the first time ever, it wouldn't stay in, so it wasn't warn!!
I didn't make a corsage as I made the fascinator, and decided against the knickers!!  They are on my year of projects goals so hopefully they will still get done.
I didn't make jewelry - but I did incorporate it into the dress
All in all, we had a lovely day and I'm pleased with all my makes even if very few of them got any airtime!!  I shall sign off project WO with a gratuitous shot of my boys as page boys.
Linking with Nicole and Ginny

3 comments:

  1. Lovely outfit. I really like the necklace round the dress, very pretty. Nice to see your face too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love the jewellery on the dress. It makes it really special.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the dress. And like the others, I think the beads sewn into the neckline makes a really nice touch. Beautiful shawl, too. :^)

    ReplyDelete