Sunday 19 November 2017

A Year of Projects Update - week 21

It is a beautiful morning here in England.  Mind you yesterday started nice and then quickly turned to drizzle!  We have no plans for today as I was out all yesterday at the craft fair.  I had a great time, sold some bits and pieces and got some knitting done.

On that note - here are some WIP's.
I knit a little on my mum's Christmas socks yesterday, they are not as far along as I would like them to be but there we go.
I have also made good progress on my November socks, knit in Mothy and the Squid - Christmas tree.  Pattern is Dragon Pox by the Knotty Gnome.
I have also made good progress on my Chuck sweater by Andi Satterlund.  I am loving these cables, the yarn is some that I picked up from Coldharbour Mill.
Oh, I do have a finished object!  I was inspired by a fellow Yopper last week and decided I needed a festive coffee cosy for my mug that I take daily to school.  So here it is.
Lastly I took possession of my advent calendar by Little French Meadow in the week and now am trying to stop myself opening all the little parcels all at once!  I will share as I open them in December - I am going to knit some scrappy socks to start with.
Anyway have a great week, Happy crafting.

6 comments:

  1. The advent calendar yarn related?.....oh my....delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing that other knitters have multiple WIPs. I crave the variety.
    One of these days I'm going to learn to knit socks two at a time in magic loop. At this point, I can only do cuff-down with DPNs. It must be great to have no SSS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh... the cables on the Chuck Sweater are beautiful. And I thought that even before I read that you're loving doing them. What a beautiful sweater that is going to be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the your socks. I looked up the Dragon Pox pattern. Very interesting pattern work on it. Something different, I like it. That purple for the chuck sweater is so rich. Cables are my favorite look and that sweater fills the bill.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how I wish I could partake in the Advent Calendar events but alas all my money for Christmas has been allocated but I am going to set up a Christmas account for ME next year! LOL! I love your socks and how I wish I could knit toe up and like it but maybe if I do it more? I definitely want to try 2 at a time on the same cable. The purple yarn for your sweater is the prettiest shade I've ever seen! I am opening a yarn savings account! LOL! You get so much done in your busy life. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your socks look fun, especially that Dragon Pox. I frogged and restarted my cardigan. A 7 circ was too small so I went up to an 8.

    ReplyDelete