Sunday 15 October 2017

A Year of Projects Update - week 16

Gosh another week has flown past!
For those of you that asked from last weeks post - the little cloths were made from cotton yarn and I am using them to cleanse my face.  They are a very simple cast on 3 stitches, increase every other row up to 25 stitches then decrease every other row back down to 3 stitches and voila! a little cloth.  I can report that after a week of use and washing they are working perfectly and I don't think I will return to cotton wool pads again.

I have no finished objects this week and only a few works in progress, but I have lots of plans for the next few days.
WIP's
My Christmas jumper is on the home stretch - I have joined the sleeves and am making my way through the yoke.  I have done the first set of decreases so this should speed up and I anticipate being finished by next week.
I am trundling through the Octoberfest socks now I am on the long circular needles.
I also started my mum's Christmas present socks - I have done the toes.
And that's all I have this week!
Next week, however, it is the start of the half term holiday and we are going to visit my mum, so I will need some projects to take with me.
I hope to have finished one October sock and I can therefore, work on the second sock.
I have wound my yarn so that I can start Chuck. I have this in my new project bag that I won with Knotty gnome in the Magical Maladies KAL.  I just need to add needles and I am away.
 I have also wound my yarn for the pumpkin spice mitts, but I doubt I will take that with me, I will leave them here.
So I think that is enough for a moment!
Hope you all have a great week and check out the rest of the Yoppers from the link in the side bar.

7 comments:

  1. Love the bag you won. Very cool. Have a great knitting mid-term with your mom. And thank you for the pattern for the face scrubbies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That seems like plenty of progress for a week.
    I'm very jealous of the darling bag!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really nice bag! Interesting to see that you are working your October socks one at a time, but your Mum's socks TAAT. Do you have a preference? I've never tried magic loop or TAAT but I'm trying to work up my nerve :)

    Have a great holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Christmas jumper is beautiful. Look at you go on socks now that you are back to using your favorite method again. Love your project bag. Congrats on winning it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the face cloth pattern and yarn....I thought that was what they were for. My daughter would love those and glad to know you have used them and like them.
    You inspired me to start my sweater and I am loving knitting on it. Yours is going to be beautiful! I love the yarn for your socks...it almost looks gradient. Enjoy your trip next week and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the cuffs on your jumper Lucy :) Very pretty! Oh those socks look so nice. I have to get going on my first pair!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your sweater! A yoke is definitely on my list of things I need to try.

    ReplyDelete