Sunday 29 October 2017

A Year of Projects Update - week 18

Me and the boys have had the week off this past week.  We made it a nice combination of relaxing at home and activities (which meant I got a fair bit of knitting done).
FO's
I finished my October socks.
These are just a vanilla sock (knit one at a time this time as I started on a 9 inch needle - I didn't finish on this needle as the two of us fell out!)  The yarn is Oktoberfest by Zauberball.

WIP's
I have started a test knit which is going very well, but I cannot show you any of it!
I started my next sweater which is Chuck by Andi Satterlund.
Yarn here is by Coldharbour Mill.
I haven't done any to my next Christmas knit as I have been concentrating on the test knit.  But I have started the pumpkin spice mittens, albeit just a tiny bit.

Acquisitions
I caved and bought the following:
Yarn from Stranded dyeworks in sugarplum.  Sparkly yarn from Mothy and the Squid in Christmas tree.  A sock blank also by Mothy and the Squid and some Christmas progress keepers.  In my defence, they are all accounted for in projects so it isn't so bad!
 I shall leave you with a couple of photos from our week.  One of a zoo near mum's and the other was at Hever castle yesterday.


4 comments:

  1. Love your vanilla socks, the colours are gorgeous. So is the colour of that sock blank. Somehow, I'm always drawn to rich warm colours this time of the year. Did you have a good time at the zoo?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such pretty colors on everything you are making and have done. Looking forward to seeing your completed test knit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - we're watching your boys grow up in these YOP posts! What handsome guys. :) The stitches in your vanilla socks look absolutely perfect. And the colors in that yarn are so pretty. I love your yarn acquisitions and the Christmas-themed stitch markers are cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your October socks are perfect autumn colour. Can't wait to see your test knit revealed.

    ReplyDelete